Sunday, August 30, 2009

Top of the World Provincial Park

Many of the places I choose to go, I see on a map first and then just head out.....this place looked very interesting and plus I really liked the name. It was a long windy DUSTY road to the top....32 km.....I was a little disappointed when I discovered it was a backcountry campground.....which means you have to BACKPACK in about 6 miles to a glacier lake......and it's too late to even do the hike...as there are bear warnings of a sighting of a mom and 3 cubs yesterday on the trail....I decide to turn around and go back down the mountain and camp next to Whiteswan Lake where I camped last night.

Views along the road. By the time I got to the bottom the van was so full of dust...I forgot to close the little vent windows....I imagine I will have some of this dust in there forever!

No comments: