Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top of the World Feeling!!

On this 4 hour hike up to Parker Ridge, I went through those 3 life zones of the Canadian Rockies...the valley, the subalpine and the alpine!
The mosses and lichens and wildflowers were so colorful and bright!Every twist of the trail offered a new very different view!

7380 feet in elevation....an 820 foot elevation gain that had me huffin and puffin! Upon reaching the top one can see the Saskatchewan Glacier to the north and several mountain peaks. I have to say that all the driving, all the gas, all the money was worth this day alone to be here seeing and feeling this special place!! I had a wonderful experience of feelings...your hand was in mine!! I truly felt like I was on TOP OF THE WORLD!!! I am high on the sunshine and the thin air!!
The views are breathtaking!! in every direction!

No comments: