Wednesday, August 12, 2009

City of Victoria, BC

Once I found a place to park at the downtown Marina, I walked around for 3 hours....I know because that is all the parking I paid for at $2 an hour....which I was not prepared for as the parking meter only took Canadian money and I had not gone to a bank yet, but fortunately there was a kind person nearby who exchanged $10 for me...the exchange rate is $1.07 US to buy a Canadian dollar. This is one of the first sites I saw...common for a marina I suppose...This is the Parliament House....they offered free tours inside but I opted for staying out in the sunshine...which I have not seen for a week...I am turning white! This is the famous Empress Hotel.....I loved all the ivy growing on it.
Then I walked the 10 blocks to China Town....wow...lots of really cool looking little markets of veggies and all sort of things I could not identify..I did recognize the name Mangostein as I know people who swear by drinking it for health...but here is what the fruit looks like.... Then I saw the famous "Fan Tan Alley"...supposedly there have been hundreds of movies filmed here...it is a very narrow little alley with lots of shops..

No comments: