Friday, August 21, 2009
Blackberries
It all started in the morning as Mike and I set out to pick blackberries...we didn't have to travel very far...like right down their road...they are everywhere...along every roadside, parking lots, yards, etc.....I hung a paint bucket from my belt loop with Mike's old watch...so I could use both hands to pick....we were professional pickers!
Then Sue and I went to the store and bought sugar and pectin...she already had the jars...We are making blackberry Jam.....Mike thought I might need "bargaining power" and Jam would be a good thing.
Sue washing and measuring the berries...
We used like 3 different recipes....3 different types of pectin....they all turned out a little different...berries, sugar, pectin, and lemons.....we submerged the filled and sealed jars in boiling water for 10 minutes to really seal them for long keeping.
Happy girls....50 + jars of Jam.....and about 4 hours of fun work!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment