Friday, August 7, 2009

Port Townsend, WA

Molly took me to North Beach in Port Townsend and we had a walk on the seashore...I was amazed at the different kinds of kelp that washed up on the beach.

...Bull kelp that looked like ropes with a ball on the end....and the rocks are just beautiful... I have now begun to pick up rocks....I told myself I would wait until I was on the way back but I cannot resist... After a cider and a plate of hummus wraps at a Waterfront Restaurant we strolled through this Victorian seaport... Molly is an advocate for local food production, tending a table at the showing of a movie in the Rose Theatre...."Food,Inc".....!!!it's about our nation's food industry and the highly mechanized production that has been hidden from the American consumer...and the corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We should all be paying closer attention to our food sources

No comments: