Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hurricane Ridge and Obstruction Point

Drove up to Hurricane Ridge...traveled from sea level where it was foggy and rainy to clear, cloudy, clear,etc....to 6100 feet in less than an hour. Wow...so beautiful..I cannot include all the photos....mostly taken out the windshield...



A blue grousethen I took a small gravel road another 8 miles to Obstruction Point...Now I have only been on one other more treacherous road and that was in Copper Canyon going to Batopilas, but then I wasn't driving....this road was harrowing at times...I am sooo grateful that I did not meet another vehicle. It was beautiful and scenic but not for the faint of heart...Here I was wishing I had someone to share the beauty with...... Marmot...they make a high pitched shrill....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...Here I was wishing I had someone to share the beauty with...... "

C, I imagine that there are A LOT of us who feel that you ARE sharing the beauty with us. Just wish I could share it back at ya', at the same place/time.
Keep up the good reports and be safe.
much love,
gvr

and P.S., the mosquitos in Alaska were not bad at all this year, and are almost never any worse than they are in WA and BC!