Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Lake Louise
One of the first places you come to in Banff National Park and the entrance to the Rocky Mountains is Lake Louise....the most famous glacial lake in the Canadian Rockies, this lake is exquisite....really...the first thing I saw were the glaciers...
then through the trees in the parking lot you could see this turquoise blue (created by melting glacier silt)...and it's just like that. There are lots of people enjoying the same thing...the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is perched on one end and has been rebuilt and added onto several times since the original chalet in 1890....
and a really nice trail that goes to the other end of the lake and then further on to a teahouse at a place where 6 glacier fields meet....that I may hike to another day....I really am not wearing the right clothes or shoes for that as it goes on up to the glaciers.


After the walk I went inside the hotel to take a look around
...there was a beautiful woman playing a beautiful harp...so elegant...I asked for the room price list....the cheapest one is $250 and the highest $1900 per night!! I go back to my humble little van!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment