
Well I have decided against going to Alaska on this trip...I have spoken with my Canadian friend, Allan and my favorite Geographer, Brock and both concur that it is too late to drive to Alaska....it is 2750 miles from here AND it would take me a week to drive there at my pace probably longer....AND the weather can be pretty iffy for August and I might get stranded...I checked the weather for Anchorage yesterday and it was a high of 59 and a low of 15! Yikes....I also don't like the idea of freezing my ass off and I have been informed that there are LOTS of mosquitoes....more than Louisiana! Soooo....I will be content with staying in British Columbia, Canada!! I am headed to Vancouver Island...YEAH!!! Also am renaming this blog as it occurred to me that it should reflect where I am going.
No comments:
Post a Comment