Saturday, August 8, 2009
Kayaking in Mats Mats Bay
Some friends of Molly's invited me to use their kayak in the bay where they lived since so much of this country is surrounded by water and I should see it up close....as tides dictate when you do things around here, we waited until the tide was coming in...
then I thought I was going to be accompanied by an adult but to my complete surprise I was told to sit in the back and then John put his 4 year old Hunter and Molly's, 6 year old Julian in the front and instructed us all to NOT stand up and then shoved us off...now I am not a very experienced kayaker....and almost all my experience is in an ocean sit-on-top (which is unsinkable)...so I was a bit uneasy at first being responsible for these little children, but then I got more confident and we paddled on across the bay....
After we manouvered around sailboats and bouys, I returned the kids to the dock and I took off on my own down the channel to where it opens to Pugent Sound....
I went to the mouth and poked my head out but when the kayak started rocking I got scared and turned back...mostly because that water is COLD!!! and though I am sure there was someone there to rescue me I could not imagine getting in that water! I could appreciate the beauty from where I was comfortably seated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment