I passed a Weighing Station for trucks that was open and they didn't look too busy...I have been wondering how heavy we are....The van weighs 2950 Kilograms....6500 Pounds including me, a half tank of gas (35 gallon capacity) and 13 gallons of water I usually carry...an average load I reckon. Good thing I got that V8.....and oh yes did I mention that gas is $1.11 per litre.....and there are 3.78 liters to a gallon...I'll let you do the adding (since I made a mistake on a previous post on the exchange rate and had it backwards)...I did exchange $200 U.S today and got $208 Canadian.... I made it to Revelstoke where I simply pulled into a Super 8 Motel parking lot and went to sleep.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Driving to the Rockies
I decided to drive as far as I could today as I am headed for the Canadian Rockies!! I drive through some amazing agriculture land inbetween mountains....here is an orchard of I think apples....there were so many fruit stands of which I stopped and loaded up but forgot to take photos....plums, peaches, apples, corn, and tomatoes.....
I drove by so many lakes that I cannot even remember which one was which...and they are big lakes....I think this is the one in Penticton which is Wine Country.
My first view of glacier covered mountains.....not sure but this could even be the Cascade Mountains as I had to cross that range first.....it was a long day...
I passed a Weighing Station for trucks that was open and they didn't look too busy...I have been wondering how heavy we are....The van weighs 2950 Kilograms....6500 Pounds including me, a half tank of gas (35 gallon capacity) and 13 gallons of water I usually carry...an average load I reckon. Good thing I got that V8.....and oh yes did I mention that gas is $1.11 per litre.....and there are 3.78 liters to a gallon...I'll let you do the adding (since I made a mistake on a previous post on the exchange rate and had it backwards)...I did exchange $200 U.S today and got $208 Canadian.... I made it to Revelstoke where I simply pulled into a Super 8 Motel parking lot and went to sleep.
I passed a Weighing Station for trucks that was open and they didn't look too busy...I have been wondering how heavy we are....The van weighs 2950 Kilograms....6500 Pounds including me, a half tank of gas (35 gallon capacity) and 13 gallons of water I usually carry...an average load I reckon. Good thing I got that V8.....and oh yes did I mention that gas is $1.11 per litre.....and there are 3.78 liters to a gallon...I'll let you do the adding (since I made a mistake on a previous post on the exchange rate and had it backwards)...I did exchange $200 U.S today and got $208 Canadian.... I made it to Revelstoke where I simply pulled into a Super 8 Motel parking lot and went to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment