Monday, August 17, 2009

Tofino / Hot Springs Cove

Tofino is the end of the road if you are heading north on the West Coast....for me it was the place to jump on a boat and travel 28 miles up the coast to Hot Springs Cove...to see Yes..Hot Springs...I checked out the marina first and did not find anything I was interested in so I went for the commercial tour boat that took 12 of us on a really nice boat on the inside passage on the way and out in the open Pacific on the return. In interest of making this too long of a post I will split it....but Wow today I saw a LOT!! View leaving Tofino of Clayoquot Sound.These folks are with the same tour company but are taking the Whale and Bear Watching Tour in a Zodiak...looked too cold of a ride for me!! I'm such a whimp! We passed lots of huge kelp beds or kelp forests from whichever perspective you saw it...Several Bald Ealgles and their nests.
A few Salmon Farms also...everyone on board agreed they were a bad thing! More fantastic scenery.We went closer to shore to take a look at life there and there were these gorgeous, BIG, colorful, starfish!

No comments: