Then I proceeded to broadcast to the campground from the Van's stereo system.....Sirius XM radio was playing the entire Woodstock Concert for the 40th anniversary. I had listened to it all day as I was driving across the island and so it was appropriate that I arrived to this little hippie town. This was the only campground that allowed campfires as there is a big burn ban here. We partied!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Camping in Ucluelet
I was glad to find this little place on an inlet bay in Ucluelet...this was an overflow campground as everything was full.....some of these campgrounds have been reserved for 3 months in advance!!! Popular place!
As soon as I arrived I was talking to the couple in the big ass motor home next to me when another camper approached us and gave us a huge piece of fresh salmon that he had caught the day before!!! We grilled it up and I made some garbanzo bean, sweet potatoe, spinach dish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment