Saturday, August 29, 2009
Hot Springs in the Kootenay Rockies
I left the high Tourist areas of Banff and Jasper National Park for the less tourist area of the Kootenay Rockies....as Allan has told me it is the best place in Canada. I stopped at Radium Hot Springs for a much needed shower and soak, but those pools are developed and chlorinated...
I was searching for a more natural setting.....I was lucky to be the first one here at Lussier Springs early this morning as later in the day there were maybe 20- 30 people at a time...it's the last weekend before school starts so families are getting in their holiday. It was well worth the dusty, bumpy 22 km dirt road to get here. There were several pools of varying temperatures all the way to frigid waters of the river!
Right down the road from the Hot Springs there is a water well with a hand pump...I am always on the lookout for good sources of drinking water!......and there was nice camping another 4 km up the road where I camped next to a man from Calgary who builds elevators and told me that the Province of Alberta is very flush with all the oil and gas exploration and that there is no sign of a recession there! Their government even sent out a survey to see how the people wanted to spend all the money....now isn't that a novel idea U.S.A??!! They ended up doing all the options...a tax rebate, building up the infrastructure, etc, etc....however, all that is possible because of our U.S. dollars being pumped into Canada for oil and gas development!!!....I love meeting all these interesting people along the way! I made another blackberry cobbler in the Dutch oven, but again I burned the bottom...I have more to learn about that cooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow you are having fun love following your trip bill
Post a Comment