Caught the "Red Eye" Ferry this morning out of Friday Harbor....at 6AM...which meant getting up at 4:30 AM to pack the crab and pick some fresh blackberries for breakfast...had to do that by headlamp as it was still dark......I leave with great memories and a desire to come back!! Great hosts, great food and made some new friends!! 
Did enjoy a beautiful sunrise on the 90 minute ferry crossing.....we stopped on Lopez Island to pick up some more folks....we passed another ferry that was just like ours..
....we landed in Anacortes, WA and then I drove about an hour or so to the most unbusy remote border crossing I had heard about.....Sumas.....it was great..only 3 cars ahead of me and a piece of cake.......he ran the passport and said have a great day......no car permit needed, no fee...nada....Wow! Yippee back in Canada!!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment