
Angel's Landing is a 1488 foot climb up to the summit overlooking Zion Canyon. There is a series of switchbacks on 2 faces of the cliffs. The first series look like the Great Wall of China....

The trail blends into the rock but if you look closely you will see little dots of people...

Then the trail passes through Refrigerator Canyon...when I stopped, I could hear frogs inside the canyon.

Then one approaches a set of 21 switchbacks named Walter's Wiggles named after the 1st Superintendent of the Park...he designed them and I think the CCC built them..still can't get a straight story on that. However I am appreciative of the trail as I would never come up here if it weren't for the easy path!

Then just when you think you are at the top, you look over and you have a very narrow ridge to cross and a peak to climb! The guy standing under the pine tree is looking at other people on the ridge...there is a chain for holding on to...thank goodness!!

This is NOT a time to look down!
Angel's Landing in the background!
No comments:
Post a Comment