Sunday, September 6, 2009

Traveling through MONTANA!!

Leaving Glacier National Park in northern Montana, meant I got to drive across Montana...WOW....what a beautiful place!! If the weather was like this all year round I could live here...big open country!! And the men are handsome and very friendly.....I have to pinch myself and remember that there could be 6 feet of snow here next month!!


A Buck and Pole fence with the Swan Mountains in the background
I took a "side road" along Flathead Lake (actually I didn't discover I was on wrong road until I had driven about 20 miles, but it was beautiful drive.....time to get out that GPS!)....this road built in 1913 with convict labor, following the eastern edge of the lake....
All along the banks between the lake and the road were family sized cherry orchards.....and every family had their own little cherry stand...as it was Sunday they were all closed but the trees were full of cherries!!











Early morning fog on Flathead Lake.

No comments: