Sunday, September 20, 2009
Finding a Campground
I arrived to this free campground after dusk yesterday.....I timed it a bit too close..I had directions from a friend, but dilly dallied in Jackson too long...it's only about an hour or so south.......there was ONE spot left out of the 5 camps.....I could tell it was full of hunters...the tell tale sign of stacked ice chests and bow targets.
In the middle of the night, I woke to thunder and lightening..which was really pretty cool...but when the wind and rain started, I wasn't too sure ??....I knew I was amoungst really tall cottonwood trees and my experience tells me they grow near water....sooooo...then I started thinking there might be a nearby creek...I really had no idea of my surroundings.....I saw the lights come on in 2 other campers and I figured if I saw any of those folks pull out I would follow!! The wind stopped in a few minutes and I breathed a sigh of relief...then I realized it was the first storm I had weathered in the Van!! The next morning was beautiful and the ground was covered with fresh blown leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment