
"A giant, sinuous wrinkle in the Earth's crust stretches for 100 miles across south-central Utah." It is a place where Indians hunted and farmed for more than a 1000 years and later where the Mormon pioneers settled.

Life is abundant along the Fremont River that passes through here and especially here in Fruita where there are productive FRUIT ORCHARDS left from the tiny Mormon community in 1880-1969. One can enter the unlocked, fenced orchards and consume as much as you like....if you want to take some with you, there are scales with a small donation box.....

There are approximately 2700 trees of cherries, apricots, peaches, pears and apples...Apples were abundant at this time and I could not believe how many were just laying on the ground...I picked 7 pounds of those as they were the most ripe! And delicious....there were several varieties of red and green ones......I am still eating on those apples!
We didn't do any real hiking here other than up to lookout points and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment