Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yellowstone

Yellowstone is the first National Park of the U.S. Once inside the park the road crosses the Continental Divide several times. The first place I went was to the Geyser field of Old Faithful...named because it faithfully spews about every 90 minutes. There is a boardwalk to accommodate the thousands of visitors that are there to see the same thing....
one of the geysers is named Castle Geyser and goes off twice a day...well don't ya know it went off just as I walked up! The hot thermal pools are surreal.

Then I went in search of a campground....I found a most amazing one in the Rockefeller Park between Teton and Yellowstone....on the Snake River! This is where I will stay for a few days...only 4 campsites and there is a fellow Cajun who plays the guitar every night and a Grizzly bear that frequents the camp...life is grand!! View from my camp....Polecat Creek entering the Snake River with an 8 point mule deer crossing the creek. Soooo much wildlife here...deserves another blog entry! later........

No comments: