Saturday, July 25, 2009
Arriving to the Columbia River and the Gorge
When I first came upon the Columbia River I thought it was a lake....it is a huge river....a mile wide in some places. The Snake River I have been camping on flows into this great river, contributing to the force that feeds 14 hydroelectric dams, spawning grounds for salmon, recreation of all kinds, world renown windsurfing and kite boarding, phenomenal sturgeon fishing, etc. etc..
The Gorge is a canyon of the Columbia. My destination here is my brother's place in White Salmon, Washington, a small town on the cliffs overlooking the river about halfway through the Gorge.
The narrow toll bridge (75¢) over the Columbia River from Hood River, Oregon to White Salmon, Washington. I'll have more photos of the Gorge later on as I will stay here for a few days visiting my brother who I haven't spent much time with since we were teenagers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment