Saturday, July 11, 2009

Driving/hiking in Flaming Gorge NRC

This was my view when I woke up this morning! Then before I got on the road I went for a hike....BEARS..hmmmm...now I already read where you are supposed to make noise, not hike alone, don't carry food, etc.....I got one of the 3 right...I didn't have food!
I didn't see any bears, but I did see a big mule deer....you have to look good in the center of the photo....one reason I don't take photos of wildlife is that I don't have a very good zoom on this camera.
This was the prize at the end of the trail....a great view of a part of the lake.

One of the cool things about this navigation GPS is that it gives the speed limit of where you are as well as your own speed....and it is very accurate...you can watch it change about the same time as the sign on the road changes...notice I slowed down to take this picture....also gives you an ETA (estimated time of arrival).

No comments: