Peregrin Falcons, Sandhill Cranes(they wake me up every morning flying low over the river), Ruffed Grouse, Gray Jay, White-breasted Nuthatch, Belted Kingfisher, etc...see I am learning my wildlife!!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Hiking with an Expert
I was very fortunate to have the guidance of Gary, a most knowledgable person about wildlife and this area in particular as he has been coming up here and hunting for over 30 years...he is also with the Wyoming Game and Fish and so really knows his stuff! I accompanied him on a couple hikes.....he showed me where the local hot springs are...
and then we went to a ridge where we could see the Snake River Valley for miles...he had his spotting scope
and we actually watched a Grizzly bear chase a herd of Elk!!! The Elk disappeared into the willows and the Grizzly came back out so we guess he didn't score...Gary said he had never seen that before, so I really felt priveledged then.
we saw sooo much wildlife...Trumpeter Swans, White Pelicans (that really surprised me!), Bald Eagles,
Peregrin Falcons, Sandhill Cranes(they wake me up every morning flying low over the river), Ruffed Grouse, Gray Jay, White-breasted Nuthatch, Belted Kingfisher, etc...see I am learning my wildlife!!
Peregrin Falcons, Sandhill Cranes(they wake me up every morning flying low over the river), Ruffed Grouse, Gray Jay, White-breasted Nuthatch, Belted Kingfisher, etc...see I am learning my wildlife!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment