Friday, July 10, 2009

Flaming Gorge Recreational Area

I drove to Flaming Gorge today....about 7 hours...I had mapped out a route looking at my roadmaps, but when I put it in my new Garmin GPS....it recommended another way....I would have never thought to go that way...but actually it was much better....more backroads..ones that were not even on my map...so that was cool...took me back into Colorado then back into Utah...through lots of mining country and Dinosaur National Monument, which I did not go into but sure enjoyed all teh signs that told me what era all the rocks were from. This is the Flaming Gorge Dam...

....tonight I am at the Fireman's Memorial Campground on Flaming Gorge Lake I guess....more photos later..I got here right at dark...just in time to cook some dinner...steaming the asparagus and the rest goes on the fire.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
You better stop in Boise or else.
Norman

Cynthia Castle said...

I will!! Looking forward to it!

Cynthia Castle said...

I will!! Looking forward to it!