Friday, July 24, 2009

Boise, Idaho


Stopped in at Boise, Idaho to visit Norm and his new wife Maureen. I met Norm about 13 years ago in Cozumel, Mexico for Abbe's Bachlorette Party....we have all been great friends since. They were wonderful hosts allowing me to do laundry, shower and sleep in a real bed. I spent the next day on a shop-a-thon...I bought a new camera for all that wildlife I am going to see, a mummy sleeping bag good for -15° for those cold Alaska nights (though a friend just emailed me and said it's hot in Alaska??) and various other camping items. I also got a brake job on the van....nothing to do with the fact that I drove 100 miles with the emergency brake on...oops!!...this flatlander is not used to setting a parking brake. I am learning all sorts of things..and hoping that I am tough enough for the North!!

No comments: