Friday, July 10, 2009

Arches National Park

I am lazy and photographed a location map rather than make one..
I arrived to the Park about 7 AM so I could get some hiking in before it got too hot....I started at Delicate Arch which was about a 3 mile hike...the red sandstone is just so vividly brilliant! these photos do not do it justice. I suppose this is one of the most photographed arches....out of the more than 2000 Arches! (They have to be at least 3 feet wide to be classified as an Arch)....they are everywhere...
One lady I was talking to said it looked like the legs of the "Transformers"....her husband added "missing a few parts" HA....after that comment, that is all I could see were Transformer legs...

Some of the arches are just so big that you cant include them in the photo....but sitting underneath them is daunting...one collapsed just last year.


I went back to my river campsite to take a nap in the heat of the day...also because I was so tired from staying up the night before til the wee hours of the morning blogging...and then getting up at 6 to make the hike.....this place reminds me so much of the Rio Grande in Big Bend....in fact this campsite is called Big Bend!

No comments: