Friday, October 2, 2009

Grand Canyon - North Rim

A spectacular canyon but not a very clear view today....and there is a sign telling you why before you even get to the lookout point as it does not look like the pictures we are all familiar with....
....the culprit....pollution....some of this was from Forest fires also...The side canyons were very visible though....I was only here for a little over an hour so I just got a brief overview as I am trying to arrive in Sedona before sunset. I have been to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon a few years back and someday I am going to spend enough time here to hike to the bottom and back!
The Visitor Center had a nice raised relief map of the area...I am standing on the red dot. This is what the landscape looked like driving to the North Rim....a 2006 fire responsible for MILES of burned confiers and aspens.
The Aspens are just beginning to turn here.










Grand Canyon Lodge.....1928...

No comments: