Another home improvement....the side studio door frame had never been painted, mostly waiting on me to decide a color....well here it is "exotic berry"! Now this is no ordinary studio...it's made with papercrete blocks that resemble adobe but are instead made with 70% paper and 30% cement. Therefore it's a really lightweight block, 8 pounds (vs. 35 pound adobe) that women can handle.

So here are some of the key women helping me build the studio. Beverly, Danise, Tosca, and myself on the chainsaw....thats the way we cut the blocks if they needed it. Next time I return, I want to PLAY in the studio! Any of yall who want to play in the clay are welcome!
2 comments:
That studio of yours gets more impressive every time I see a photo of it. Great door color! Hope to see you next time you are in Texas.
Great blog. I've enjoyed reading.
I love the papercrete studio. I'd like to learn more about it, and I'm sure many others would like to learn more too.
Are you planning any future structures? Do you have any detailed pictures showing the guts of the construction? What papercrete mix recipe did you use? Did you use any reinforcement in the walls? I could ask a million questions.
slurryguy
Post a Comment