Monday, February 9, 2009

Campeche Visit

Flor de Maria was at the bus station in Campeche, Campeche (City, State) to pick me up at 6:30 AM....just in time to jump on the boat to go out and dive a shipwreck not too far from shore.
After the dive we went back to the office of INAH (Institute Nacional of Anthropology and History) where we onloaded the gear and then headed off to a great dinner of seafood! Have to backslide a bit here (I am vegetarian and don't usually eat fish) as it really is delicious and so fresh! So many great restaurants, but here are a couple of the favorites of our hostess,
Helena Barba, the director of Underwater Archeology of INAH. The office is the historical blue building on the left!! Really nice!
AND I also accepted a part time position with them to create a geographic information system (GIS)...which means I get to organize all their data and therefore get to see it all!....so here I am in my position. I will return here several times this year! This is a sculpture we saw driving down the road from the marina in Lerma to Campeche.

No comments: