
Dean did not hit the town of Puerto Morelos, so THANKFULLY everyone and everything there is ok!!! However, it hit south of there as a Category 5, in Mahahual , which was one of my favorite places to visit...I hope my friends there were able to leave as I understand that hardly anything is standing. As you can see from the satellite image that it was too close to call to wait around and make a decision (the entire Yucatan peninsula is low and flat, no mountain to run to...hmm maybe that's why the Mayans built those tall pyramids!)....I would have been with the other thousands of tourists stranded in the airport who could not catch a flight! Instead I am here in Texas with my daughters!

The storm did deposit about 2- 3 feet of sand on the beach in front of Tuna's Restaurant...that porch/deck used to be chest high.

The palapa bar "Casa Azul" near the pier received some damage and also lots of sand.
No comments:
Post a Comment