Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mexico City


Wow! I never thought I would love a big city. And especially not the biggest one in the world or close to it...at 25 million + people! I think its the cultural preservation I am in love with. AND I was fortunate to have great personal tour guides who were born and raised here, friends and family of my friends! What a great taste I got of this city...Ana drove us around pointing out this red building she just sold for $52 million dollars (US). First realtor I have known who specializes in selling skyscrapers! This other one is the tallest skyscraper in all of Latin America at 55 floors...Torre Mayor...remember that Mexico City is built on a lake bed and these buildings have to be earthquake resistant, unlike the buildings in New York City that are built on rock. I even rode the metro (subway)...and I can tell you that I was the only white person there...I saw some strange things, but felt very safe with my friend. Had dinner at a landmark restaurant...Cafe de Tacuba..founded 1912. I will most likely be back to this city to do some editing for the documentary and I look forward to it!

No comments: