Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Matrix goes mobile


My job on this expedition was to keep us from getting lost, record the location of the sites, lend a geographical component to the project and later make the maps for the documentary. They call me the MATRIX....I had to go see the movie so I would know what the heck they meant..HA!...for all of you that know me know that I don't watch television or movies very much....so it's funny that I find myself working with a film crew. However, we are doing something cool....making a documentary about scientific treasures in Mexico! Just a few road shots as we travel north....this is an apple orchard that is protected from hail storms with netting. It goes for miles!
This is Pico Orizaba in the distance, the tallest peak in Mexico at 5,636 meters (18,490 feet). This volcano is dormant but not extinct, with the last eruption in 1687. It is snow covered yearround.
Beautiful desert with the Sierra del Carmen mountain range.

No comments: