I know this is a weird thing to blog about...but I personally have had curiosity about what the inside of a car engine or in this case a transmission really looks like and maybe you do too!? And since I had to have mine repaired this week to the tune of $950 (thats US Dollars, I understand it would have cost twice that or more in the states!) it was sort of a big deal!! So the owner of the shop took time to show it to me. It was explained to me (in spanish so I may have missed some) that a transmission's purpose is to slow down the output speed of the engine and increase the torque....not sure how it does it but through things like valves, pumps, hydrolics, fluids, bands, gears, etc. Ends up the gear box was bad and had to be replaced. One thing I like about Mexico is they will repair things if they are repairable, instead of replacing.....like when we traveling to Copper Canyon the Alternator went out....if we had been in the states they would have put in a new alternator, but not Mexico, they took it apart and put new brushes and we were good to go!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Rebuilt Transmission
I know this is a weird thing to blog about...but I personally have had curiosity about what the inside of a car engine or in this case a transmission really looks like and maybe you do too!? And since I had to have mine repaired this week to the tune of $950 (thats US Dollars, I understand it would have cost twice that or more in the states!) it was sort of a big deal!! So the owner of the shop took time to show it to me. It was explained to me (in spanish so I may have missed some) that a transmission's purpose is to slow down the output speed of the engine and increase the torque....not sure how it does it but through things like valves, pumps, hydrolics, fluids, bands, gears, etc. Ends up the gear box was bad and had to be replaced. One thing I like about Mexico is they will repair things if they are repairable, instead of replacing.....like when we traveling to Copper Canyon the Alternator went out....if we had been in the states they would have put in a new alternator, but not Mexico, they took it apart and put new brushes and we were good to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment