Friday, October 19, 2007

Hiking in Batopilas Canyon

This is the view I woke to every morning when I stayed at Luis's art studio. Its an old hacienda/headquarters of a silver mine.


Hiking here was some of the most physically demanding I have done, mostly due to the ever constant LOOSE ROCKS and steep paths. It was necessary to watch every step I took, which meant I had to stop if I wanted to look around and take in the beautiful veiws and also keep my bearings. Beginning in the morning when it is cool and jacket is needed and the sun hasn't quite reached the bottom of the canyon, the roosters are crowing and the river is gushing by, the climb to the top of a mountain doesn't appear that far away. After a climb to one peak, there is another, then another.....water seemed to be my only limitation as I carried almost a gallon.



No comments: