Saturday, June 13, 2009

I GOT THE VAN!!!

After months of talking about it and years of dreaming about it, I finally found the perfect van for me!! I found it on CraigsList (that Free classified site on the Internet)...if you have ever been to that site you know that you can search geographically....well I had been searching locally of course and then began searching in places where I had friends and family as I knew I could fly to a location, and drive the van back, but have the extra bonus of seeing someone! I thought I was going to Denver as George was looking mighty hard, but as it turned out I located one in Lawrenceville, Georgia and since my brother Greg lives near Atlanta, he went and test drove the van and gave it a thumbs up!! I made the deal over the phone and took the next flight out! She is just what I wanted! A white Ford Econoline 8 cylinder house on wheels! After leaving Atlanta and following my intuition and inclination, I drove her straight south to a Florida Beach south of Panama City and proceeded to get stuck on that gorgeous white sand!! Well heck I didn't know that I was in a 7 ton vehicle and should not have been there....it just looked so tempting.....at least I knew not to spin the tires and bury the axle...Then all of a sudden out of nowhere appears this dark cloud with rain and lightning....I thought well ok...the rain will pack the sand and I can drive out.....I didn't have time to test my theory as it wasn't long before a big ass truck and a nice strapping Buck came to rescue me! That is another story and so my adventures have begun!!

Here is my brother about to put new shocks on before I leave. Taking care of me!!

No comments: