Sunday, June 21, 2009
Crabbin in Louisiana
On my way from Atlanta to Geronimo, I stopped in Louisiana to visit my family and to go CRABBIN!!! Now I just LOVE those big blue crabs!! I know they take forever to peel but they are soooooo tasty....and well catching your own is the biggest part of it!!!
After asking a few of the locals, we found out they were biting in Lacassine Reserve....now this is a very Large fresh water pond, but the last hurricane blew the crabs in there and now they have multiplied and the offspring are sterile because of the fresh water and so its a free for all.....we only caught a dozen this day but the fun and laughter was abundant!! It was a family affair, my daughter Annie and her long time friend Chip from Colorado, my sister Pam and her husband Kevin and my mother and me.....we started this whole excursion at 5 AM! I sure miss doing all those Cajun things!!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment