Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In touch with the AirCard


I now have Internet wherever I go with my computer as long as I am in cell phone range. So what is an Aircard? Well its this little antennae gadget that fits on the computer USB Connection that sends and receives signals to and from a Cell phone tower....it's called Mobile Broadband. That means that driving down the highway or sitting on the beach or just about anywhere I can be connected (HighSpeed)to the World Wide Web for $59/mo (the Aircard was free with a 2 year contract and I no longer need RoadRunner at home)....At times I feel so dependent on this machine, but mostly the communication that goes with it. I communicate with MOST of my friends by email, some by Skype (the computer phone that is free worldwide), and of course this blog. I got the AirCard in anticipation of my upcoming Roadtrip across the Western U.S.....this way I won't be stopping at Internet Cafe's for a connection to yall...I am completly mobile. There is even some coverage in Yellowstone! I have been in Big Bend before on back trails and been able to use my cell phone...so the idea of camping in a remote spot with the ability to look at the weather forcast, road condition or research the next place is possible!!!

No comments: