Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Mexico

I did not stay in Texas long before I headed over to New Mexico to visit my daughter Annie. As soon as she picked me up from the airport in Albuquerque I went to test drive a van I had found on Craigslist that I really liked, but after we had a mechanic look it over, it had too many major problems....soooo.....on our way to Santa Fe, we stopped at this funky little museum called TinkerTown. Now this place is bizarre!!! Built by a man over a few years (there is a sign that says "And I built this while you were watching TV!), it is a collection of the wierdest things.
Mostly constructed from wood, iron and bottles, you could stay there hours and never see it all!

The attention to detail was amazing, all hand carved wooden figures and some of them were mechanized and would move. Themes ranged from Circus scenes, saloons, to weddings and sailing...truly a have to see if you are ever near Albuquerque!! The creator, Ross Ward just died of Alzeimers at the age of 57 but his wife runs the place!

No comments: