Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ahh....the Caribbean!!!

Came back to the beach for the last few days before I head back to the States. I just love this place of Puerto Morelos.......the beach, the people, the town, the mangrove, the birds, the fish, the boats, the clouds....THE WATER!!!! It's all amazing!!
View of the town square from the pier early this morning.
I have been getting some emails asking about the safety of Mexico...this is what I have to say...I have just traveled across this country and back and we did not see or hear of any of the type violence or crime I was asked about. I don't watch TV, read newspapers or listen to the radio, except XM, so I don't know exactly what ya'll are hearing but I can imagine it is a marketing strategy of the United States to scare people from coming to Mexico so they keep their dollars in the country instead of spending them here (ie. Springs Breakers coming to Cancun)! Maybe the border is having increased problems, I don't know and of course ALL big cities have their problems, no matter where they are in the world. Probably if you want to deal drugs, it's not a good idea to come here, but then none of yall are doing that!! Really there is nothing going on down here out of the ordinary. So come on down to Mexico, Relax and Enjoy yourselves!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow..that is so interesting. NPR today covered the story that the news is totally exaggerating the threat of violence.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102390087
Border Mayors Say Mexico Unrest Fears Overblown

by John Burnett

Listen Now [5 min 5 sec] add to playlist

All Things Considered, March 26, 2009 · Violence on Mexico's border fueled by the drugs trade has dominated news headlines in recent days. But mayors of towns and cities along the U.S.-Mexican border say the attention borders on hysteria and they are urging a more rational view.