Saturday, March 7, 2009

Contemplation time

Upon return to Puerto Morelos, I left almost immediately for the pueblo of EkBalam a couple hours inland. I was going to help a friend out at her EcoResort there and ended up at her nearby ranch. It was nice to have time to contemplate what I had experienced the last month of our whirl wind travels and also to realize that I was only about a mile away from one of the finest Mayan ruins in this area....EkBalam! Lee had planted 500 Neem and Noni trees here and it was cool to know that the Mayas had been cultivating this very land over a thousand years ago!! I wonder what type trees were growing here then??As it turned out I got very sick when I was there (still not sure from what?) and was so weak that I literally could not get out of this hammock for 2 days. It really wasn't that bad as the place was lovely, quiet and I had an amazing view, from the hammock I watched the full moon rise and a big owl come to visit and sit on the branch of this tree for a long time!!

No comments: