Then there is a new toll road 255 that takes you to Interstate 35....I highly recommend this border crossing for anyone going to Mexico!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Crossing the border
After some consideration and some phone calls we decided to cross the border at the Colombia International Bridge about 15 miles north of Laredo. I had never crossed there before but I liked the fact that it was not near the city of Laredo. It was not marked on any of our maps but there was appropriate signage which was amazing to me.
As we arrived I was equally amazed to find that there was NO LINE...can you believe it!...not one single vehicle was in front of us...we just drove up to the Mexican side, paid our 24 pesos and drove across the Rio Grande, and then got to the U.S. side, was asked to put the car in park, they asked where we were coming from, going to and did we have any thing to declare? After opening the back doors of the car and taking a peek inside they let us go. Of course its easy to look innocent when you really are!! HA! I was a little concerned that I would have a problem with my car being in Mexico for 2 years, but I did renew my 6 month permit at Puerto Juarez north of Cancun before I left...and the only thing I had that was illegal was a stalk of Chaya that I put under the backseat...I was going to say that stick was my defense in case I needed it, as I had removed all the leaves...now it is sprouting in a pot in my garden where I hope it will grow some Mayan spinach!!
Then there is a new toll road 255 that takes you to Interstate 35....I highly recommend this border crossing for anyone going to Mexico!!
Then there is a new toll road 255 that takes you to Interstate 35....I highly recommend this border crossing for anyone going to Mexico!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment