While we are on the subject of fuel....I was amazed to find that gasoline was so high in the U.S....about $4/gallon and $5 for diesel!! Yikes! It is still $2.52 a gallon here in Mexico and has been for quite a long time. I don't understand how all that pricing works, but I have heard that since the gas is nationalized (owned by the Mexican government since 1938) and is being subsidized they are able to keep the prices down. I also heard a new term today....drybacks...thats what Mexicans are calling Americans that cross the border to buy their gas! How times are a changin!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Back to Mexico
It is so amazing how I can be on the beach in the morning and then by the SAME afternoon be in Texas on the San Marcos River. Wow! Ok I do feel a little guilty knowing that it takes LOTS of fuel to cross the Gulf of Mexico....so I have heard everytime you fly you should plant a tree, as it is taking the equivalent of a resource. See next entry....
While we are on the subject of fuel....I was amazed to find that gasoline was so high in the U.S....about $4/gallon and $5 for diesel!! Yikes! It is still $2.52 a gallon here in Mexico and has been for quite a long time. I don't understand how all that pricing works, but I have heard that since the gas is nationalized (owned by the Mexican government since 1938) and is being subsidized they are able to keep the prices down. I also heard a new term today....drybacks...thats what Mexicans are calling Americans that cross the border to buy their gas! How times are a changin!
While we are on the subject of fuel....I was amazed to find that gasoline was so high in the U.S....about $4/gallon and $5 for diesel!! Yikes! It is still $2.52 a gallon here in Mexico and has been for quite a long time. I don't understand how all that pricing works, but I have heard that since the gas is nationalized (owned by the Mexican government since 1938) and is being subsidized they are able to keep the prices down. I also heard a new term today....drybacks...thats what Mexicans are calling Americans that cross the border to buy their gas! How times are a changin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Cynthia
Please send some $2.52/gallon gasoline. Perhaps you could disguise it as beer.
Yours forever,
gvr
Post a Comment