
My job took me a couple hours south of here today to look at some composting toilets built in a Mayan community called Punta Lagunas. I am mapping and documenting them, learning as I go the many different types and styles. The necessity for a better solution than putting our human manure in our drinking water has prompted many to opt for the composting toilet. I am sold on the idea and am thinking of writing a small informative book on what I discover.


Here I am sporting my new belt made of aluminum can tabs...made by one of the local Mayan women that was selling them at their community market.

We drove by this Mayan house that was made of old beehive boxes! I love the ingenuity and spirit of the people!!

There were composting toilets at a monkey sanctuary as well as this display of a spider monkey skeleton.
No comments:
Post a Comment