I want to encourage everyone to create a garden and a place to compost all those vegetable and fruit scraps! I prefer the easy method of composting directly into a garden. First I made a raised bed of soil as I live in the Blackland Prairie with a heavy clay content so needs good drainage. I just knocked a few old boards together, since I would have to travel 20 miles to get any rocks, though that would be longer lasting and prettier. I mixed in lots of horse manure from the girls horses and will systematically dig holes through this garden and bury the scraps, water it and joila it will be black soil in 2 weeks! Ready to plant all kinds of nice veggies!! So forget the gym, go buy a pair of gloves and a shovel and get out in your yard and do some very rewarding work! Its great for the body, mind and Earth...what more do you want?!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Compost and Garden
I want to encourage everyone to create a garden and a place to compost all those vegetable and fruit scraps! I prefer the easy method of composting directly into a garden. First I made a raised bed of soil as I live in the Blackland Prairie with a heavy clay content so needs good drainage. I just knocked a few old boards together, since I would have to travel 20 miles to get any rocks, though that would be longer lasting and prettier. I mixed in lots of horse manure from the girls horses and will systematically dig holes through this garden and bury the scraps, water it and joila it will be black soil in 2 weeks! Ready to plant all kinds of nice veggies!! So forget the gym, go buy a pair of gloves and a shovel and get out in your yard and do some very rewarding work! Its great for the body, mind and Earth...what more do you want?!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment