Monday, March 12, 2007

My Daily Walk





Walking has replaced swimming for now as the water is still a bit cold for me to swim in..I am such a sissy when it comes to cold!!....so I go for a 6 mile walk every morning....since the beaches are not continuous...one can´t go for the long beach walks like I was doing in Puerto.....but I do get a taste of many ecosystems on my walks. I watch the sunrise from the palapa, then I set off walking around to the next cove....its easier walking around the cliff when the tide is low, which is every morning. Lots of sea life hangs out there...a lone blue heron greets me faithfully....then I pass a small mangrove....right after that there is a dirt road that leads into the desert...opening onto an old airstrip....not used much anymore but I have been told it was used a lot for illegal purposes before the highway was opened (1973). Actually it is a great walking surface leading to a valley of cactus and an old ranch. Today I encountered a large covey of quail that came out of nowhere, taking me by complete surprise....dove are a common sight! It´s a great way to start the day!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

you have an awesome blog with some great pictures! i'm glad i stumbled upon it!

Dorothy Schreiber said...

Hey Al and Cynthia:

Hello from Dorothy - Al's sister in Edmonton.
I have been following your blog. Pollopa life seems pretty ideal...utopia Mexican style. I'm sitting im my government office (on the weekend) wishing I was on the beach with your guys!!! Now that's the way to live life!
Anyway, it's so lovely to have this portal into my brother Al's life in Mexico. Thanks for sharing. Have fun.

Much love,
Dorothy (Schreiber)