Oscar is a marine biologist and has been researching the Whales for almost 20 years now. I will be helping him put all his data into a Geographic Information System (GIS). He now has a GPS on the camera so we will be incorporating that as well. I am so looking forward to being in Mexico again and I hear the Pacific Ocean is shaking around now so who knows what we will see or feel??!! MOre later....love, cynthaiThursday, March 4, 2010
Kapping the Humpback Whales
I am in the San Antonio, Texas airport on my way to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!! Oscar and Keith will pick me up and we will be on their boat tomorrow photographing the Humpback Whales with a camera hanging from a kite.
I met Oscar a couple years ago in Holbox, Mexico when we were there filming the International Whale Shark Conference. He introduced us to this technology of Kite Aerial Photography (KAP). Since then I have visited him at his home in Puerto Vallarta and accompanied him on several boat trips out in the Bay of Banderas to see the Humpback Whales. They are having their babies now and there is a lot of activity. He sent me these photos yesterday!!!
Oscar is a marine biologist and has been researching the Whales for almost 20 years now. I will be helping him put all his data into a Geographic Information System (GIS). He now has a GPS on the camera so we will be incorporating that as well. I am so looking forward to being in Mexico again and I hear the Pacific Ocean is shaking around now so who knows what we will see or feel??!! MOre later....love, cynthai
Oscar is a marine biologist and has been researching the Whales for almost 20 years now. I will be helping him put all his data into a Geographic Information System (GIS). He now has a GPS on the camera so we will be incorporating that as well. I am so looking forward to being in Mexico again and I hear the Pacific Ocean is shaking around now so who knows what we will see or feel??!! MOre later....love, cynthai
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment