I have blogged about this 2000 year old Mayan Temple Pyramid before, but it is always enchanting to be here. It has some of the best preserved stucco relief of any of the structures I have been to. Those palapa roofs were built to protect the marvalous ornate decorations that you can see in the following photographs.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
EkBalam (Dark Jaguar)
I have blogged about this 2000 year old Mayan Temple Pyramid before, but it is always enchanting to be here. It has some of the best preserved stucco relief of any of the structures I have been to. Those palapa roofs were built to protect the marvalous ornate decorations that you can see in the following photographs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Cynthia
Were some type of palapas or shelter for the art always a part of the structure, or were they added much later? Hard to tell from the pix whether some of those strut holes were original or not.
George
Jorge,
I believe the palapa roofs are fairly recent....as I was reading that the reconstruction was fairly new, but I will try to find out more.....cynthia
Post a Comment